SSC CGL Recruitment 2023
SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Registration @ssc.nic.in. Staff Selection Commission is a well-known organization for conducting examinations every year for so many different posts. Through this recruitment process, SSC recruits a lot of people all over India in so many different positions in the government sector. It is well known for conducting Combined Graduate Level which is commonly known as the CGL examination which appoints candidates in Grade “B” and “C” category posts.
Table of Contents
These Grade “B” and “C” category posts commonly are various government posts in Ministries, Departments, and Offices. This examination pattern has a four-tier system which makes sure of a good recruitment process. In all these tiers candidates get checked on so many different things such as which tier I and tier II it is computer-based, in tier III and IV, applicants take up a descriptive paper and a computer proficiency test or skill test & document verification. The registration process for this recruitment process can be made online by the candidate on the official website portal.
SSC CGL Exam 2023
The recruitment process for the year 2023 will start from September onwards and the candidate can apply between September to October for this recruitment process online. The official notification and PDF will be released by the Staff Selection Committee of India in September. After which the examination for the SSC CGL 2023 Tier-I Exam will be held in March and for SSC CGL Tier-II & Tier-III this will be in April.
This SSC CGL examination is ranked as the toughest and gestured examination of Indian recruitment after which the candidate gets the selection process done for the SSC recruitment. In this examination, the pattern has been divided into the Grade “B” and “C” categories according to the post which is available in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices all over India.
Highlights of SSC CGL Notification 2023 Upcoming Recruitment Overview
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission
|Post Name||Combined Graduate Level CGL
|No of Posts||2000+ Expected Vacancies|
|Online Apply Date||Notified Soon|
|Job Category||Sarkari Naukri|
|Last Date||Update Soon|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL Recruitment 2023
SSC CGL recruitment process has some eligibility criteria also in which everyone needs to fit first to go through the selection process. The eligibility pattern is-
- The candidate should be a citizen of India and in the case of a refugee, the candidate should come to India before 1st January 1962.
- Candidates should be of 18 years age minimum and maximum age is different for every post such as for Officer under C&AG it is 27 years, For Inspector Posts it is 30, for Tax Assistant its 27 years, for Assistant Section officer it is 30 years, For Inspector it should not exceed 30 years, Assistant Enforcement Officer it is 30 year and for Junior Statistical Officer it is 32 year.
- The candidate should be a Graduate from any known institute or university which is registered by the government of India.
- The candidate needs to be physically fit without having any physical disability for this recruitment process.
Application Fee Details
- General candidate- 100 rs
- OBC candidates – 100 rs
- SC candidates – no fee
- ST candidates – no fee
- PH candidates – no fee
- Female candidates – no fee
Selection Procedure for Combined Graduate Level Exam 2023
The examination pattern is also different for this recruitment process which is –
- Tier – I – It’s an Objective Multiple Choice Computer-Based Examination that happens online.
- Tier – II– It’s an Objective Multiple Choice Computer-Based Examination that happens online.
- Tier – III – It’s a Descriptive Paper that happens in English and Hindi in physically Pen and Paper mode.
- Tier – IV – It’s a Skill Test or Computer Proficiency Test which is also a computer-based examination.
|Tier–I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Test (online)|
|Tier- II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Test (online)|
|Tier–III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper Mode (Letter/Application Writing, Essay Writing)|
|Tier–IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable (Speed Typing Test)|
Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam Pattern 2023
This examination is a combined graduation level examination that gives a chance to all the applicants and youngsters to participate in this recruitment process. This examination is also known as a four-tier system in which tier 1 and tier 2 are computer-based examinations while tier 3 and tier 4 are based on paper and computer proficiency tests. These are also known as skill tests and document verification examination patterns. The process of the examination for the selection is available in online mode only which can be made on the official website of the SSC CGL.
Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2023
|no.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A cumulative time of 60 minutes
Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2023
|S No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern 2023
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 Pdf for Tier 1/2/3/4 Exams
Tier 1 Exam Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Tier 2 Exam Syllabus 2023
Collection, Classification, and Presentation of Statistical Data –Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
2. Measures of Central Tendency – Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
3. Measures of Dispersion- Common measures of dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation, and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
4. Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‟s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
6. Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‟ theorem.
7. Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
8. Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling, and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
9. Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample, and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
10. Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
11. Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
12. Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of an index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
General Studies-Finance and Economics
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
1.1 Financial Accounting
1.2 Basic concepts of accounting
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
2.1 Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role, and responsibility.
2.2 Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2.3 Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics
2.4 Theory of Demand and Supply
2.5 Theory of Production and cost
2.6 Forms of Market and price determination in different markets
2.7 Indian Economy:
2.7.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors, Role of Agriculture, Industry, and Services-their problems and growth.
2.7.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.7.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth, and its implication on economic growth.
2.7.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes, and incidence of unemployment.
2.7.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2.8 Economic Reforms in India
2.9 Money and Banking:
2.9.1 Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
2.9.2 Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
2.9.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
2.10 Role of Information Technology in Governance.
SSC CGL Exam Date 2023 Last Dates for Tier 1/2/3/4
|Notification/Advertisement Out On||Notified Soon|
|Registration Start From||Notified Soon|
|Apply Online Application Close||Notified Soon|
|Tier 1 Exam Date||Notified Soon|
|Tier-II Exam Date||Notified Soon|
|Tier-III Exam Date||Update Soon|
|Tier-IV Exam Date||Update Soon|
How to Apply Online SSC CGL 2023 Exam?
To make the application process online candidates need to follow some simple steps which are-
- Firstly, candidates need to visit the official website of SSC CGL which is http://ssc.nic.in.
- After reaching the home page of the website candidate need to Register as new users by filing a valid mobile number and email id on which they will also receive a verification code which they need to fill.
- After which they will receive a notification that they need to read carefully to meet the eligibility criteria.
- After meeting the eligibility criteria candidate needs to click on the apply now button to begin the process.
- Now the candidate needs to fill out the form by filling in all the details such as name, address, dob, and so on carefully without making any mistakes.
- After filling out the form candidate need to submitscannedcan copy of all the documents asked in the form such as passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression.
- After this candidate needs to submit the SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 application fee online by using net banking, a debit card, and a credit card or in offline mode by Challan.
- After this candidate needs to cross-check all the information on the form and then click on the submit button to complete the application process.
- Now candidates can also take the printout of the SSC CGL Recruitment application form for further reference.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|CoG Official Website||Click Here|